A clever way to serve tortilla rolls at Christmas is this Tortilla Spirals Christmas Tree.
Cut into rounds and stack on cake stands.
Now, the trick is to stack them carefully so they don’t fall down!!
See the instructions for assembling the Christmas trees at the end of this page.
These are really full of flavor and look so pretty and festive. They need to be made at least 1 hour ahead of time. They could also be made the day before you serve them.
They will be the hit of the party!
Chile and Cheese Spirals
• 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
• 1 cup shredded mild cheddar cheese
• ½ cup (4 ounce can) diced green chiles
• ½ cup (about 3) sliced green onion
• ½ cup chopped red bell pepper
• ¼ cup chopped ripe olives
• 4 (8-inch) or 3 (12-inch) soft taco-sized flour green tortillas
1. Combine cream cheese, cheddar cheese, chiles, green onion, red pepper, and olives in a medium bowl.
2. Spread ½ cup cheese mixture over each tortillas; roll up.
3. Wrap each roll in plastic wrap twisting ends to close; refrigerate for 1 hour.
4. Remove plastic wrap; slice each roll into ¾ inch pieces.
5. Serve with salsa for dipping.
(You can also put ham strips in the tortillas for more protein.)
Now it’s time to make the pinwheels into Christmas trees:
- Stack layers of pinwheels in rings one on top of another, decreasing the size of each ring until you reach the top of the tree.
- Dress your tree with cranberries, or star-shaped cutouts of red or yellow pepper.
Tortilla Spirals Christmas Tree – Fun, Festive and Yummy!