Americans know it is important to “buckle up” when riding in a vehicle. But, why not buckle up your pet? They, too, deserve to be safe while enjoying an outing or trip with their owners!
Whether it is a trip to the store or a road trip across several states, the following information is a “must read.”
Did you know??
The use of lap and shoulder belts has reduced the risk of fatal injury to those riding in the front seat by 45 percent.
Moderate to critical injury has been reduced by 50 percent with the use of front seat lap and shoulder belts.
Unbelted rear seat occupants increase the death rate of front seat passengers by up to 5 times…good to know!
Here are the Top 5 Reasons to Buckle Up Your Pet in the Car:
1) Driver Distraction – A driver can become easily distracted with even one pet in the vehicle. This dramatically increases the chances of an accident.
2) Injury During a Car Ride – Pets that are roaming free in the car can become injured by something as simple as a sudden stop.
3) Injury During a Crash – If a crash occurs, an unsecured pet can hit the windshield or be ejected out of a window. They can also be injured by an airbag if they are sitting on their owner’s laps.
4) Potential Injury to Other Passengers – At 30 mph, a 60-pound dog becomes a deadly force of 2,700 pounds which can be deadly for the pet as well as others in the car.
5) Loss or Injury after an Accident – An unsecured pet that is frightened and disoriented may run out into traffic. They may also run away or become aggressive with those stopping to help.
There are many options available for securing your pet during a ride in the car. These options include pet travel crates and kennels, vehicle pet barriers, and pet safety belts. Whichever product you choose, you will know that your investment will mean that your pet’s safety and well-being is top priority!
For more, Click Here
More Travel Related Posts: