Would you believe that some foods have more sugar than a candy bar?
First of all, did you know that a Snickers Bar has 27 grams of sugar in it?
Whoa…that’s maybe a “once a year” treat! Let’s not stop there because there are 5 seemingly healthy foods (and we could add 100’s more) that have even more sugar than your favorite candy bar.
Here’s the list:
1) Jamba Juice Banana Berry Smoothie (small) Would you believe…60 grams of sugar—that’s huge! “Make it Light” decreases sugar to 32 grams which is still too many.
2) Power Bar Performance Energy Bar in Citrus Burst – Each bar has 29 grams of sugar and 6 grams of protein…the citrus contributes little nutrition value.
3) Starbucks Greek Yogurt with Honey Parfait – A “sugar bomb” with 30 grams of sugar. Choose something with fruit which should satisfy your sugar cravings.
4) Craisins – Sugar is added since they are naturally tart. There are 29 grams of sugar in 1/4 cup…better not eat too many!
5) Grape Juice – There is nutritional value to grape juice but it contains a whopping 36 grams for 8 ounces.
The bottom line is Read Labels on all food items so you know what you’re buying. Your healthy lifestyle will thank you for it!
Source: Sugary Foods
Related Post: Healthier Banana Bread
Yes, These Foods Have More Sugar Than a Candy Bar!