Organizing your clutter is somewhat of a contradiction! If it was organized, it wouldn’t be cluttered. No need to worry. It is possible to clear the clutter and give your home an organized appearance. All you need is time from the normal stress and hassles to focus on the clutter you wish to organize.
Let’s start with tips from a professional.
Organizing Mistakes that People Make:
- Purchasing Products Before You Get Your Space Organized – Sort out and separate to determine what you really need.
- Buying a Wide Range of Organizers – Choose coordinated storage organizers.
- Items You Use regularly Should be Close at Hand – Avoid creating a system that’s impractical. Consider the items you use every day and make sure they’re stored within arm’s reach.
- Be Mindful About What You Bring In Through the Front Door – Before you bring something new through the front door, consider its function. Also, determine whether you already own something that serves the same purpose.
- Store All Like Items Together – Consider how items function together. You may need to rethink your storage plan. Source…
Getting rid of excess is the first step in organizing, then each room must be gone through individually in the effort to organize.
Kitchen – The kitchen is the one place in all homes that contains unorganized clutter. Cupboards can be organized to hold specific items with a place for each item; e.g. cups on one shelf, plates and bowls on the others. Word of caution – never stack dishes or cups too high in a kitchen cabinet. They can chip or ‘wobble’!
Drawers are where tons of clutter collects in the kitchen. Utensil organizers and other types of drawer organizers can be utilized to keep everything in the kitchen drawers in their place.
A lazy susan cupboard in the kitchen will help with organization. It is such a nice feature and makes a corner cupboard much more accessible. The kitchen pantry can be a catch-all…be discerning and decide how you want to use it.
Closets – Closets are often where we hide things that we want out of site when we are in a hurry to clean the house. There are so many choices when it comes to organizing the closet in the home. The use of hanging garment bags and space bags can solve closet organizing woes! Shelving in your closet should also be on the top of your list.
Home Furnishings – The very furnishings that are chosen for the home can help with the organization of clutter. The choice of furniture can have an affect on clutter; bookshelves, entertainment centers and stacking bins can all help with the organization of clutter.
Books can be organized alphabetically and the overflow boxed up, donated or stored in a closet. Music and movies easily fit into entertainment centers and specially designed storage areas to keep them within reach and make finding the one you want simple.
Home Office – Home offices have a major need for the organization of paper and ‘stuff’ in most cases. A filing cabinet for all the paper files will help a great deal.
Desk lamps with organizers for pens, pencils, paper clips, calculators and even small note pads attached to them are popular and serviceable. Stacking organizers work well for projects and the papers needed to complete them while you work on them.
These are just a few suggestions for organizing your clutter. When you really focus and put your mind to it, you can come up with more ways to organize your home and office space!
Organizing Your Clutter is Easier Than You Might Think!
Related Post: Storage Solutions