Head for Steamboat Springs this summer – Here’s Why!
* Tubing at several locations – Howelsen Hill – Steamboat – Saddleback Ranch’s Yee-Haw Tubing Hill – Yampa River
* Natural Hot Springs and Mineral Pools (To Die For – Very Relaxing!)
* Steamboat Pro Rodeo – Old Fashion Wagon rides and Dinner
* Slingshot Bungee Jump Trampoline (oh boy… be careful)
* Plenty of music festivals all year round for all ages (Click the link below)
* Mountain activities include, Hiking – Mountain biking – Horseback riding – ATV and Jeep tours – Hot air balloon rides
* During the ski season – Steamboat is rated Number 1 in the U.S., known as Ski Town USA
“Nestled in the Rocky Mountains of Northwest Colorado, this quaint western town offers adventures and recreation galore. The thriving downtown district offers everything from century old buildings to world class dining and a thriving arts scene.” (Info from the Colorado Vacation website.)
The Yampa Valley and surrounding area contain several geothermal hot springs. The city is named after the Steamboat Spring, located near the present-day library and the old train depot. The spring itself was so named because its bubbling sounded like a steamboat to early settlers. Via Wiki
Steamboat Springs is a “must visit” in Colorado!
See more at:
Related Travel Post: Buena Vista Adventures