This is perfect for football season…a football-shaped meatloaf!
Use your favorite meatloaf recipe (or use the one below) and form it into a football shape with a nice ketchup-based sauce and cheese strips for the lacing.
How yummy and fun is that? Your friends and family will be impressed with your creativity. This football-shaped meatloaf is sure to please the “foodies” in the group!
Recipe makes 8 servings
1 1/2 pounds ground beef
1 onion, chopped
1 cup milk
1 cup dried bread crumbs
salt and pepper to taste
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons prepared mustard
1/3 cup ketchup
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. In a large bowl, combine the beef, egg, onion, milk and bread OR cracker crumbs. Season with salt and pepper to taste and place in a lightly greased 5×9 inch loaf pan, OR form into a loaf and place in a lightly greased 9×13 inch baking dish.
3. In a separate small bowl, combine the brown sugar, mustard and ketchup. Mix well and pour over the meatloaf.
4. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 1 hour.
5. The finishing touch is cheese strips for the lacing.
(A variation to this football-shaped meatloaf is to substitute some of the ground beef with ground turkey.)
This Football-shaped Meatloaf is sure to please your party guests!
Colorado Springs Over 50
We would love to hear from you on ideas you would like us to investigate and write about.