This is perfect for football season…a football-shaped meatloaf!
Use your favorite meatloaf recipe (or use the one below) and form it into a football shape with a nice ketchup-based sauce and cheese strips for the lacing.
How yummy and fun is that? Your friends and family will be impressed with your creativity. This football-shaped meatloaf is sure to please the “foodies” in the group!
Recipe makes 8 servings
1 1/2 pounds ground beef
1 onion, chopped
1 cup milk
1 cup dried bread crumbs
salt and pepper to taste
2 tablespoons brown sugar
2 tablespoons prepared mustard
1/3 cup ketchup
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. In a large bowl, combine the beef, egg, onion, milk and bread OR cracker crumbs. Season with salt and pepper to taste and place in a lightly greased 5×9 inch loaf pan, OR form into a loaf and place in a lightly greased 9×13 inch baking dish.
3. In a separate small bowl, combine the brown sugar, mustard and ketchup. Mix well and pour over the meatloaf.
4. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 1 hour.
5. The finishing touch is cheese strips for the lacing.
(A variation to this football-shaped meatloaf is to substitute some of the ground beef with ground turkey.)
This Football-shaped Meatloaf is sure to please your party guests!
Leave a Reply.