Head for Steamboat Springs any season of the year – Here’s Why!
* Tubing at several locations – Howelsen Hill – Steamboat – Saddleback Ranch’s Yee-Haw Tubing Hill – Yampa River
* Natural Hot Springs and Mineral Pools (To Die For – Very Relaxing!)
* Steamboat Pro Rodeo – Old Fashion Wagon rides and Dinner
* Slingshot Bungee Jump Trampoline (oh boy… be careful)
* Plenty of music festivals all year round for all ages (Click the link below)
* Mountain activities include, Hiking – Mountain biking – Horseback riding – ATV and Jeep tours – Hot air balloon rides
* During the ski season – Steamboat is rated Number 1 in the U.S., known as Ski Town USA
Steamboat Springs is a “must visit” in Colorado!See more at:
Related Travel Post: Buena Vista Adventures
Interesting Facts About the Sand Dunes in Colorado:
1) Members of the Ladies P.E.O. sponsored a bill to Congress asking for national monument status for the Great Sand Dunes. The bill was signed into law in 1932 by President Herbert Hoover.
2) In 2000-2004 the Sand Dunes in Colorado was expanded into a national park and preserve.
3) About 300,000 people visit the Great Sand Dunes every year because of the oddly beautiful combination of desert dunes and high mountain peaks, the spring-time flow of Medano Creek, and dark, quiet nights in the Dunes wilderness.
4) Camping, hiking, and photography opportunities are plentiful in the area.
“Visitors must walk across the wide and shallow Medano Creek to reach the dunes in spring and summer months. The creek typically has a peak flow from late May to early June in most years. From July through April, the creek is usually no more than a few inches deep, if there is any water at all.
Hiking is permitted throughout the dunes with the warning that the sand surface temperature may reach 150 °F (66 °C) in summer. Sandboarding and sandsledding are popular activities, both done on specially designed equipment which can be rented just outside the park entrance or in Alamosa.” Source…
The Great Sand Dunes of Colorado is a “Must See” Attraction!
Colorado Springs Over 50
We would love to hear from you on ideas you would like us to investigate and write about.