4) Both of the above agencies have campsites that range from developed areas with restrooms, fire rings, water and other amenities to remote areas. They have no amenities and are reached only by horse, mountain bike or backpacking. Reservations can be made at recreation.gov.
5) There are many privately owned campsites in Colorado which have perks you may not find on public lands. These include playgrounds, hot tubs, laundry facilities and Wi-Fi.
6) One caveat for camping in Colorado is that the weather can change quickly, even in the summer months. It’s best to wear layered clothing.
7) You may be required to purchase a pass or permit depending on your location. Plan ahead by visiting the website listed below and the information posted at campground entrances.
Packing Essentials for Summer Camping in Colorado:(Courtesy of Colorado Camping: The Basics)
• Tent with a rain cover
• Down sleeping bag (even in summer, it can get below freezing in Colorado’s higher altitudes)
• Pillow and sleeping pad (keeps you warmer than just sleepin’ on the ground)
• Camp stove and/or matches to use your campsite’s fire pit
• Plenty of drinking water and food
• Can opener, aluminum foil, paper plates, cups/mugs, utensils, multipurpose knife, trash bags, paper towels - Check out this info on how to use a camping can opener.
• Layers of clothing, including water-resistant coat, wool socks and long underwear
• Sunscreen, bug spray, first-aid kit, toilet paper
Camping in Colorado…A Camper’s Paradise!
Opening the show will be a vintage WWII aircraft, B-17, with the “Wings Of Blue” parachute demonstration team jumping out of the aircrafts’ bomb bay. The National Anthem will play along opening the air show schedule.
Plan to attend the Pikes Peak Regional Air Show 2019, the dates are September 21st and 22nd. Maps and directions are located on the air show web page. CLICK HERE FOR THE AIR SHOW WEB PAGE!
Tickets for sale NOW! CLICK HERE FOR TICKETS!
Have you thought about volunteering? Check out the volunteer information on the web page.
CLICK HERE FOR VOLUNTEER INFORMATION!
Enjoy the Pikes Peak Regional Air Show 2019!
Colorado Springs Over 50
We would love to hear from you on ideas you would like us to investigate and write about.