Buena Vista is a small community with big time attractions and lots of things to do.
Been There – Loved It!
* Best Fly Fishing in the state of Colorado, if not in the U.S. If you’re an experienced angler, you can set out on your own. However, beginners and those that want to improve their skills might want to hire a guide.
* Perfect Base Camp for activities in the Arkansas River Valley – Horseback riding, Jeep tours, Mine tours, Rafting – Watch out for the Hair Raising Rapids of Pine Creek. For those that like to zipline, you will not be disappointed!
* Access to the Monarch Crest Trail for biking – 11 miles all above 11,000 feet (Bring O2) – You can also access a lower altitude flatter trail in the area (No O2 required on this one).
* Collegiate Peaks mountain climbing – A Fourteen-er Location that will add to your Over 50 list of Fourteen-er accomplishments in Colorado.
* Quaint little home town feel to enjoy great shopping, art galleries and restaurants. There is also camping facilities in the area.
Buena Vista should be at the top of your “bucket list” of places to visit!
Related Travel Post: Vail
Colorado Springs Over 50
We would love to hear from you on ideas you would like us to investigate and write about.