Has it ever occurred to you how distracted and stressed we have become as a society and how we could live a happier life? We have lost the ability to slow down and appreciate the good things in life. Perhaps we have forgotten how simple it is to embrace the moment, be grateful, and to find happiness no matter our current situation.
A local blogger recently made a list of 101 ways to live a happier life on her blog, and every single one of them resonated with us. They are things many of us already do, and some of them we plan on implementing moving forward. Our hope in sharing the first 25 items of ways to live a happier life is that it will inspire others to choose happiness despite the stress of the world around us!
For the complete list of the ways to live a happier life, Click Here.
What would you add to the list of living a Happier Life?
Medallion art is the answer if you are looking for a quick and easy as well as a fun project!
Bring unique and interesting details into your home with carved, ready-made ceiling medallions.
Be creative and think of the possibilities in both design and color!
They can be painted to match or accent any color scheme.
Photo Credit: Medallion Wall Art
* They’re lightweight and easy to hang.
* They are readily available at home improvement stores.
* It is also easy to update your decor by repainting the medallions as your taste preferences change.
* Hang them in groups for instant interest.
Medallion make a statement in any room!
Source: Click Here
Be Creative and Innovative with Medallion Art!
These quick and oh, so easy, Easter bunny cupcakes are perfect for Easter as well as for an animal-themed birthday party.
Start with purchased cupcakes or make your own from scratch.
1. Place white decorating frosting into a pastry bag fitted with a multi-opening tip. Pipe frosting onto cupcakes.
2. Sprinkle a work surface with sugar. Use a rolling pin to flatten large white gumdrops; cut or shape long triangles for ears. Press ends of two gumdrop triangles into the frosting near top of each cupcake. Pipe pink icing for insides of ears.
3. Pipe black icing for whiskers. Add a pink jelly bean nose. Pipe white icing for eyes (or use large white round candies); pipe a pupil onto each eye with black icing.
If you prefer brown bunnies, use chocolate frosting and dark gumdrops.
April 15 is here!
If you can’t finish your taxes on time, relax. You have options.
If you don’t have your documents in order or haven’t made real progress on your tax return, filing for an extension by April 15 sounds like a good idea.
However, getting more time isn’t as simple as it sounds.
Here are seven things you should know if you can’t finish your taxes on time:
1. You still have to act by April 15. The paperwork is still due on April 15!
2. If you owe money, you have to pay. You’ll need to fill out enough of your tax return to come up with a rough estimate of what you owe. And, send the amount owed to the IRS on time! People filing for a tax extension are still required to pay 90% of what they believe they’ll owe by the April Tax Day deadline.
3. Failing to file is worse than failing to pay. You don’t want a failure-to-file penalty. It is usually 5% of the unpaid taxes for each month or part of a month your return is late, up to 25% of your bill.
4. Your bank may be kinder than Uncle Sam. You may want to pay your taxes with a credit card if you don’t have the cash on hand. The interest and fees may be less.
5. You may not need an extension. File your completed return and pay what you can. Request a short extension of 60 to 120 days to pay. The IRS provides installment payments.
6. If you are owed a refund, you won’t be penalized for not filing. However, you won’t get your refund until you file your return. So, get your money ASAP!
7. If you’re a chronic procrastinator, the IRS won’t issue your refund. If you don’t do your taxes for three years, even if you’re owed a refund, the IRS will keep your money. Again, Yikes!!
Can’t Finish Your Taxes on Time? – There are Solutions!
Colorado Vacations – Vail!
Here’s why you want to vacation in Vail:
* Mountain vacationing and easy to get to off I-70.
* Located high up in the Gore Valley and surrounded by the White River National Forest.
* European Alpine village atmosphere (Like being in Europe – No jet lag).
* Number 1 ski destination in the US – Vail Mountain with over 5000 acres of ski-able terrain, 31 Lifts, 193 Marked Trails (More than enough to satisfy).
Photo Credit: Vail
* It’s three villages, Vail Village, Lionshead, and Golden Peak, provide access to these trails and lifts.
* Vail Resorts owns three other resorts within easy driving distance: Beaver Creek, Breckenridge and Keystone.
* Vail’s own Adventure Ridge offers horseback riding, rock climbing, mini golf, Frisbee golf and ziplines. These activities are fun for the whole family and provide adventures for all ages and ability levels. On Friday, you can take advantage of FAC (Friday Afternoon Club) for free food and drinks as well as live music.
* Low impact skiing (a.k.a. Cross Country Skiing) is plentiful in season, see the Vail Nordic Center for more.
* Great shopping (Check your credit card balance).
* Restaurants galore with a variety of cuisines.
* Rafting and kayaking.
Enjoy – Colorado Vacations Vail!
See more at: Vail Activities
Related Travel Post: Hot Springs in Colorado
Would you believe that some foods have more sugar than a candy bar?
First of all, did you know that a Snickers Bar has 27 grams of sugar in it?
Whoa…that’s maybe a “once a year” treat! Let’s not stop there because there are 5 seemingly healthy foods (and we could add 100’s more) that have even more sugar than your favorite candy bar.
Here’s the list:
1) Jamba Juice Banana Berry Smoothie (small) Would you believe…60 grams of sugar—that’s huge! “Make it Light” decreases sugar to 32 grams which is still too many.
2) Power Bar Performance Energy Bar in Citrus Burst – Each bar has 29 grams of sugar and 6 grams of protein…the citrus contributes little nutrition value.
3) Starbucks Greek Yogurt with Honey Parfait – A “sugar bomb” with 30 grams of sugar. Choose something with fruit which should satisfy your sugar cravings.
4) Craisins – Sugar is added since they are naturally tart. There are 29 grams of sugar in 1/4 cup…better not eat too many!
5) Grape Juice – There is nutritional value to grape juice but it contains a whopping 36 grams for 8 ounces.
The bottom line is Read Labels on all food items so you know what you’re buying. Your healthy lifestyle will thank you for it!
Source: Sugary Foods
Related Post: Healthier Banana Bread
Yes, These Foods Have More Sugar Than a Candy Bar!